Touchstone Semiconductor has announced the TS9002 dual and the TS9004 quad low power analog comparators plus 1.182-V reference integrated circuits.
As an improved, pin-for-pin functional equivalent to the MAX923, the TS9002’s 3.2-µA supply current is 16% lower and its ±0.75% initial accuracy voltage reference is 25% lower in both specifications compared to the MAX923. As an improved, pin-for-pin functional equivalent to the MAX934, the TS9004’s 4.1-µA supply current is 25% lower and its ±1% initial accuracy reference is 50% lower in both specifications compared to the MAX934.
Ideal for 3V or 5V single-supply applications, the TS9002 dual and the TS9004 quad comparator can operate from single +2.5V to +11V supplies or from ±1.25V to ±5V dual supplies. Other common features include: a) an input voltage range from the negative supply rail to within 1.3V of the positive supply; b) 7-µs propagation delay; c) a push-pull output stage with 40mA source-current drive capability; and d) crowbar-current free output stage switching.
Both comparators are designed for low-voltage, low-power applications, including threshold detectors/discriminators, oscillator circuits, window comparators, level translators, and other battery-powered systems.
TS9002 Dual Comparator Key Specifications
· Priced at $0.75 in 1000-piece quantities - $2.10 Less Expensive than MAX923
· 16% Lower Supply Current: 3.2µA vs 4.1µA
· 25% Lower VREF Initial Accuracy: ±0.75% vs ±1%
· User-adjustable Hysteresis via External HYST Pin
TS9004 Quad Comparator Key Specifications
· Priced at $1.15 in 1000-piece quantities - $0.60 Less Expensive than MAX934
· 25% Lower Supply Current: 4.1µA vs 5.5µA
· 50% Lower VREF Initial Accuracy: ±1% vs ±2%
· Separate GND Pin for Output Drivers
Both parts are fully specified over the -40ºC to +85ºC temperature range. The TS9002 is available in an 8-pin MSOP package and the TS9004 is available in a narrow 16-pin SOIC package. Both products are in stock and ready to ship from Digi-Key, Touchstone’s authorized distributor.