700MHz TV band 50W Silicon RF power MOSFET module for 2-way Radio
Due to the congestion of 150MHz and 400MHz frequency bands used in wireless systems, use of the analog TV broadcasting 700MHz band is now reallocated for commercial two-way radio in some of the regions. To fulfil the component needs of this market Mitsubishi Electric has made available a 50W silicon radio-frequency (RF) high-power metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET) module for use in the 763MHz to 870MHz band offering total efficiency of 40% in power amplifiers of commercial two-way radios.
This high-power MOSFET modules features on-device input/output impedance matching circuit with guaranteed output power performance. Mitsubishi says this new silicon RF high-power MOSFET (RA50H7687M1), which achieves unmatched power output and high total efficiency for commercial radios compatible with the 700MHz band, is expected to expand the communication range and lower the power consumption of such radios.
Product specifications and other features shared in the release includes:
Frequency 763 – 870MHz
Output power 50W min. (65W typ.)
Total efficiency 40% min. (50% typ.)
Drain supply voltage 12.5V
Input power 50mW
- Both on-resistance and drain-source capacitance4 are reduced through miniaturization.
- Low on-resistance for improved power density achieves unmatched 50W output power for two-way radio.
- Increased output power expands communication range by max. 6% versus existing model.5
- Reduced drain-source capacity and optimized input/output impedance-matching circuit achieve industry-
leading total efficiency of 40% for commercial two-way radio.
- Increased total efficiency reduces MOSFET heat generation, resulting in power savings and downsizing.
- Built-in input/output matching circuit simplifies the external circuit and reduces radio circuit-design load.
- Same external profile as that of existing product simplifies adoption of new module.
Mitsubishi Electric also said it plans to expand the frequency range of its lineup by launching a 900MHz module equipped with the newly developed MOSFET in January 2023.
This product is RoHS compliant.