The new DLP9000X, a higher speed and higher resolution chipset for 3D printing and lithography applications from TI consists of DLP9000X digital micromirror device (DMD) and the newly available DLPC910 controller.
TI says the pair offers developers more than five times the speed at continuous streaming compared to the existing DLP9000 chipset.
Not only for 3D printing, direct imaging lithography DLP9000X suggested for LCD/OLED repair and computer-to-plate printers, and 3D machine vision and hyperspectral imaging.
Key features and benefits of the DLP9000X chipset as provided by TI:
• Delivers the highest streaming pixel speed in the TI DLP products portfolio at over 60 gigabits per second (Gbps), enabling more than five times faster total exposure.
• Equipped with more than 4 million micromirrors reducing print heads by 50 percent compared to the DLP9500 chipset while supporting print feature sizes of less than 1 µm.2
• Offers an exceptional pixel loading speed for real-time, continuous, high bit-depth patterns resulting in detailed images with high resolution features.
• Features random row micromirror loading, which can be used in flexible light modulation use cases.
• Optimized for wavelengths from 400 to 700 nanometers (nm) that are compatible with widely available photosensitive resins and materials.
• Supports a variety of light sources including lasers, light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and lamps.
TI also suggests to use extensive ecosystem of design houses through the DLP Design Network for hardware and software integration, optics design, system integration, prototyping, manufacturing services and turnkey solutions. The DLP9000X chipset uses a similar architecture to the DLP Discovery D4100 kit.
The DLP9000X chipset is now available for purchase. The chipset includes the DLP9000X DMD, DLPC910 controller and DLPR910 PROM. The DLP9000X is available in a 355-pin hermetic FLS package, the DLPC910 controller is available in a 676-pin ball grid array (BGA) package and the DLPR910 PROM is available in a 48-pin BGA package.