GL Communications Inc. has released their handheld portable test Instruments for TDM and IP networks.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the company said, "GL's handheld telecom test instruments are simple and easy to use and are designed to test almost any network interface including TDM (Analog, T1, E1, T3, and E3) and IP (Ethernet) networks. They are portable, battery operated, rechargeable, and light."
He explained, "GL's PacketShark is a handheld unit that can tap Packet Networks, and capture Ethernet and IP packets at wire speed over optical or electrical interfaces up to 1 Gb/s. It selectively filters the captured packets based on specified criteria. Packets are transmitted through two ports with the packets that are traffic compliant with the filters are sent to a packet analyzer, such as GL's PacketScan for detailed packet analysis. Alternatively, the traffic can be even sent to a memory card (SD) and later analyzed offline.
GL's IPNetSim - Handheld is a handheld battery operated instrument that can simulate real-time IP and Carrier Ethernet network dynamics by means of hardware controlled packet delay, loss, jitter, errors, bandwidth constriction, congestion, and duplication. IPNetSim Handheld simulates network behavior of up to 1 Gbps rates with accuracy always better than 1ms. IPNetSim Handheld is equipped with a hardware based impairments generator, and dual GbE ports.
GL's LinkTest DualE1 is a handheld dual-port tester for E1 and data communications (V.11 / X.24, V.24/RS232, V.35, V.36/RS449, EIA-530, EIA-530A) interfaces. With the support of a large range of software options for E1 services and sub rate multiplexing system, this handheld unit provides a scalable test solution for E1 and data testing. It provides a large, clear screen with a full set of physical layer tests for E1 balanced and unbalanced circuits including BERT, VF, round trip delay and signal level."
Mr.Kulkarni further added, "Our other portable products: LinkTest Single, LinkTest Single+, and LinkTest Dual are sophisticated bit error rate testers in a compact, handheld package and can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipments."
Some of the important features of our Latest Handheld Portable Test Instruments:
1. Ability to capture packets at any point in the network
2. Wirespeed, analysis with zero loss and zero delay - Equipped with a unique zero delay technology that ensures every packet goes through without delay (even if power is lost)
3. Capture in the field and analyze in the office - Field storage of captured data using an external storage device (SD memory card) in PCAP format.
4. Matching packets are copied and forwarded to the drop LAN port.
5. Traffic and signal regeneration
1. Shape and manage up to 16 independent flows of traffic with predefined QoS.
2. Impairment generation on each flow including Latency, Packet Loss, Duplication, Delay, Jitter
3. Impairments as per ITU-T Y.1541 standard
4. Jumbo frames support up to 17 kBytes
5. Traffic shaping and Traffic Policing
1. Multi-interface capability: V.24/RS232, V.11/X.24, V.35, V.36/RS449,
2. Supports ITU-T G.711 encoding with A law, G.703 (2048/704kbit/s), G.703 co-directional
ITU-T G. 821, G. 826, and M. 2100 performance analysis
3. Supported line codes - HDB3 (High-density bipolar with three zeroes), AMI (Alternate mark inversion)
4. Rugged, handheld, battery operated, low-cost, and software upgradable design for field use
5. Carry out generation and analysis of both framed signals (as per ITU-T G.704) and unframed tests
6. Collection of call records from remote locations